Thursday 21 May 2020

Delicious (and FAST) Rustic Apple Tart - With a Secret Ingredient!


It was 5:30pm when I thought that an apple tart would be a tasty dessert tonight.

Yes, insane.  Normally.

But dinner was going to be of the leftovers persuasion, meaning that I had a bit of time to potchke with something special afterwards.

I hate  making pie crusts.  I have a heavy hand with dough ... great for breads and such, but terrible for tender things that have to be rolled out.  Plus a good pie crust needs a chill time, something I didn't have the luxury, being that it was not 5:35pm.

Luckily, press-in crusts exist for people like me.   And luckier still one of my fave crusts uses almond flour, something I had plenty of on hand, leftover from some other recipe.  Unluckily, I didn't have one of the other main crust ingredients: oatmeal or oat flour.

But I did have something better.  A secret ingredient that I happened to stock up on when the Try-N-Save had a sale BC (Before Covid).  And it worked so well in the crust that oatmeal (if/when I ever get some again) will go back to being a breakfast food.

Ready for the secret ingredient?

Continue reading >>

from Oh! You Cook! https://ift.tt/2zb1004
via IFTTT

mohammedalmalah

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright @ 2013 Ex-Cook.

Designed by Ex-cook