Monday 10 December 2018

Pattie's Snowballs

Pattie's Snowballs
https://ift.tt/2UAyB9c

Is there anything better than a handwritten recipe, all worn and smudged with buttery fingerprints?  When I posted my late mother-in-law's recipe on Instagram, so many of you wrote that the writing looked identical to one of your own loved ones.  Why is that?!  It seems there was something so universally elegant about the cursive back in the day... it just seemed to dance on the page.  I don't think I could replicate it if I tried!  Also, how do you write a cursive 'Z'?  I have no clue. 

During the holidays, I always look forward to pulling out these passed-down recipes because, after all, traditions are what makes everything so merry!  And I try to cling to the 'merry' as much as possible, because, you know... there's also the S T R E S S.  But for that, there are cookies!  Am I talking in circles?  You know what I'm saying.

These Snowballs were my mother-in-law's favorite.  She would make batch after batch and freeze them - enough to last long after the new year.  Baking these sugary, buttery treats reminds us that she's always with us...  


Speaking of moms, I had the opportunity to be a guest on the Mom Enough podcast recently, so please check it out here!  Marti, her daughter Erin and I chatted about picky eaters, healthy meals, holiday traditions and how all of us moms have to sneak away to eat a dessert from time to time.  It's a really fun show led by some brilliant women who keep it real.  My kind of people :)  


Pattie's Snowballs
Makes 2 dozen

1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temp (1 stick)
3 Tbsp powdered sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup finely chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts)

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.  Cream butter until light and fluffy.  Add sugar and blend well.  Add flour, then vanilla and fold in nuts.  (Mixture will be crumbly but will come together with your hands.)  Roll into small balls (about golf-ball sized) and place on greased baking sheet (I simply line mine with parchment paper).  Bake for 20-30 minutes (I do 20).  Roll in powdered sugar while warm, and then once more when they cool off.


https://ift.tt/2B3ZJ7C

mohammedalmalah

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright @ 2013 Ex-Cook.

Designed by Ex-cook